30 Nov Personal Care Assistant
- Work as part of a team to support people with disabilities living in their own homes.
- Support with day-to-day living enduring that clients are provided with maximum opportunity for developing valued life style
- Perform care duties in accordance with care plan. Communicate changes in client’s conditions on day to day basis.
- Assist with bathing, showering, dressing, grooming, toileting, preparing meals, assistance eating/feeding.
- Assist with shopping, paying bills where applicable.
- Abide by workplace health and safety standards
- Assistance/Supervising with clients medication requirements as per policies and procedures.
- Washing/ironing of clothes.
- Perform house hold duties to help maintain house, bathing areas in a clean and tidy manner.
- Support clients to attend medical appointments as planned along with transport assistance as per guidelines.
- Encourage positive and socially appropriate behaviour, and effectively manage challenging behaviour.
- Maintain current knowledge, understanding of the organisational and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Accommodate changes in line with principles of continuous improvement.
- Respond to crisis within specified guidelines and seek assistance to situations outside specified guidelines.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Certificate 3 & Certificate 4 nurses
- Own transport with full NSW Car Licence, with fully insured and registered vehicle.
- Police check, working with children check and First aid certificate
- PCA level of administration of medications is preferable
- Be enthusiastic, customer focused, empathetic, passionate to help elderly/ disabled.
- Excellent communication skills(written and verbal), honest, reliable and attention to detail
- Basic Life support and First aid certificate
- Work experience as a disability support worker or exhibit sound knowledge relating required skills involved in looking after disabled clients. Appreciate existence of different kinds of disabilities along with patience and relevant approach required in professional caring of individuals.
Job Type and Category
- Casual disability support worker is required to work flexible hours preferably with own transport.
- Able to travel different areas with in the district and also provide transport to client’s appointment.
- Fully insured car and full driving licence with experience in driving is preferable.
- Casual nurse gets paid $24-$28 an hour including tax and superannuation.
About IHC- Integral Home care
IHC is a nursing agency based in Baulkham Hills- Sydney. Our nurses are here to support people with disabilities living in the community setting and also in residential settings. Our nursing services are person centred and focus on client’s choices. Our Core values involve CHOICE, EMPATHY, and RESPECT. Our services are provided by personal care attendants, enrolled nurses, and registered nurses depending on the requirement of client. We have case managers who can plan your care as per your requirements. IHC is well equipped to support their staff to perform well in their job. We are a one stop nursing service for our NDIS clients.