30 Nov Integral Home Care Registered Nurse/case Manager
- To provide safe and effective client centred nursing care. Use appropriate language when interacting with clients, clinical or non-clinical.
- Being respectful, courteous and considerate. Maintain client Privacy and Dignity at all times.
- Use clear, concise, legible, and written communications within all documentation
- Manage Care Services for Disabled clients. Rostering of care workers as per IHC process.
- Work with Participants to identify goals for improvements- which may focus on improved physical, mental, emotional, vocational functioning.
- Conduct Comprehensive assessments in an unbiased manner to develop a picture of client’s needs
- Assist Participants get the services they need in order to achieve their goals, as well as provide assistance in procuring services they need by acting on behalf of the disabled individuals.
- Reviewing and Evaluating present care to Participants continually and make changes appropriately to meet client needs.
- Ensure all administrative and documentation requirements are initiated and completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Report incidents and document through Incident Register. Take action as per policies and procedures of IHC.
- Ensure Nursing care plans, documentation, assessments meets the requirements of NDIS standards.
- Advocate for participants when asked for or requested for specific needs including those from multicultural and indigenous populations.
- To provide support and clinical preceptorship/mentoring to all staff, care workers, carers whenever needed.
- Participate in clinical client handover and actively follow-up any issues
- Involve clients and their carers in planning care to meet their needs
- Recognise client, carer concerns and intervene early to resolve matters
- Managing complaints as close to the client interface as possible and escalating as required under NDIS standards.
- Maintain Confidentiality on all issues relating to clients, colleagues and the organisation.
- Treating clients with respect, equality while being responsive to their needs
- Identifying, acknowledging risks- communicating, documenting, and taking action according the IHC policies and procedures to promote safety.
- Practising include Best practice, and bench marks for clinical interventions, clinical monitoring, and management.
- Maintaining and promoting appropriate Hand Hygiene and infection control measures at all times.
- Able to provide and Manage – Wound Management, bowel management, continence management and assessments, tracheostomy management, Enteral feeding, Catheter (SPC & IDC) Management, Medication management/administration when required, Sub cut injection administrations.
- Liaising with appropriate care providers when needed and with participants consent to help achieve participant’s goals. Eg: Referrals to physiotherapy or occupational therapy etc.
- Working with Multidisciplinary team in the community and Liaising with the same when ever and wherever needed.
Skills and Application:
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the skills required of a Registered Nurse in contemporary nursing practice, including knowledge and understanding of appropriate equipment, legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Read the progress notes of participants allocated to your care at the commencement of each shift and implement and evaluate care accordingly.
- Maintain basic life support skills (neonate, paediatric and adult as appropriate) through annual accreditation.
- Be aware of and adhere to IHC Policies and Processes and NDIS requirements.
- Be actively involved in maintaining, implementing and updating client care plans and clinical pathways
- Maintain client safety through an effective clinical handover process.
- Undertake a teaching role with clients, carers, and colleagues, adapting information to the target group and involving resource people appropriately
- Keep Nurse Manager or In charge informed about workload issues, clinical concerns, adverse events, critical incidents, near misses, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Review and reflect on own clinical practice to identify and act upon opportunities for improvement and professional development.
- Participate in forums /workshops for development and review of practice modalities
- Participate in identification of Evidence Based Practice initiatives and support their implementation
- Identify and initiate quality improvement activities, participate in monitoring and evaluating outcomes.
- Facilitate the implementation of changes identified within the participant/carer surveys which will help improve participant/carer experience.
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse Level 1 with AHPRA
- Demonstrated recent experience as a Registered Nurse – preferably community based RN with experience in Wound Management, Catheter Management, Enteral feed Management, Sub cut injection Management, Tracheostomy Management, Complex Bowel Management, and Continence Assessments and Management.
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide person centred care and an ability to liaise with other health professionals to facilitate case management and care planning
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, evidence based practice and an awareness of changes with in health care environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to utilise information technology systems and commitment to undertake training as required.
- Current NSW state drivers licence and willingness to use for work purposes. This may include client transport at times.
- Managing competing priorities with in the client base whilst maintaining a high quality of participant care.
- Nurse Manager
- Operations Manager
- To ensure service delivery is maintained without any interruptions and delivered in accordance with agreed plans with the participants
Personal and Professional Development:
- Maintain AHPRA registration and show evidence of currency annually
- Performance review annually
- Complete education/skill development packages to meet the organisation’s service delivery requirements
- Maintain own clinical knowledge and skill base through: Active Participation in continuing education programs and in-services. Active participation in clinically relevant professional groups. Ensure familiarity and compliance with IHC policy and procedures and participate in ongoing review and development of the same.
- Actively participate in IHC staff meetings
About IHC- Integral Home care
IHC is a nursing agency based in Baulkham Hills- Sydney. Our nurses are here to support people with disabilities living in the community setting and also in residential settings. Our nursing services are person centred and focus on client’s choices. Our Core values involve CHOICE, EMPATHY, and RESPECT. Our services are provided by personal care attendants, enrolled nurses, and registered nurses depending on the requirement of client. We have case managers who can plan your care as per your requirements. IHC is well equipped to support their staff to perform well in their job. We are a one stop nursing service for our NDIS clients.